We all know that broccoli is a super food, and oh-so-good for you. However, although broccoli is super delicious, not everybody may like it. Especially the little people (kids!). However, this baked broccoli cheesy bread recipe will not disappoint for sure. It was approved by my super picky children. They even finished almost the entire tray! Yay!
By the way, this broccoli cheese bread recipe is gluten-free, flour free, and grain-free too. Simply awesome, isn’t it?
Baked Broccoli Cheesy Bread Recipe (Kid-approved, Gluten-free, Grain-free)
- 3 cups of Riced Broccoli (about 2 heads of Broccoli)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of Grated Cheese (I used Kerrygold Ballyshannon & Grass-fed Cheddar)
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried Oregano
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Black pepper
- Tomato sauce or Organic Ketchup (for serving)
How to make broccoli cheese bread:
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Rice the broccoli in a food processor or grate in a grater. You can also chop the broccoli with a knife to rice it.
- Stir fry the riced broccoli in a pan over medium heat. Cover the lid until the broccoli softens, but don’t let it get mushy.
- Put the softened broccoli rice in a nut milk bag or cheesecloth, then carefully wring out extra moisture. Don’t squeeze too much juice out. When broccoli rice holds a shape when squeezed in a hand, then it’s ready.
- Transfer squeezed broccoli rice to a large bowl and add 1 – 1 1/2 cup of grated cheese, one egg, pressed garlic, oregano, sea salt, and black pepper. Mix and transfer the dough to the baking sheet and shape into a thin crust.
- Bake until golden for about 15 minutes. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of grated cheese and bake 5 minutes more until cheese is melted. Garnish with ketchup and/or greens if using. Serve warm with tomato sauce or ketchup.
Want to try some more similar recipes?
Check this out: Cauliflower Cheese Bread Recipe (Gluten-free, Kid-friendly)