These healthy strawberry pancakes are made with soaked buckwheat and frozen strawberries. They are full of flavor thanks to the strawberries. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
I loved these strawberry pancakes because they actually taste really good and contain only healthy ingredients including soaked buckwheat.
Healthy STRAWBERRY PANCAKES With Soaked Buckwheat (Gluten-free, No Flour)
- 2/3 cup of Raw Buckwheat (dry)
- 110 gr Frozen Strawberries
- 20 ml Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of Melted Coconut manna (coconut butter)
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/3 teaspoon Psyllium powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
How to make healthy strawberry pancakes:
- Soak 2/3 cup of raw buckwheat in filtered water for 8-24 hours. You can add 1/4 teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to the soaking water to prevent spoilage (optional). After soaking, rinse the buckwheat really well. Now we have 1 cup of soaked buckwheat.
- Put 1 cup of soaked buckwheat into a blender cup. Add 110 grams of frozen strawberries, 20 ml of maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of coconut manna, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt. Blend until smooth. Empty the blender cup into a bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup of psyllium powder (or turn 1 teaspoon of psyllium flakes into a powder in a coffee grinder). Mix.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. The mixture will bubble up. Add this mixture to the pancake batter. Mix well.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet. You can lightly oil it once. You don’t have to oil the pan after the first time. Scoop the batter with a spoon or a cookie scoop and drop it into a hot skillet. Cover the lid, lower the heat to low-medium. Turn the pancakes when the edges look firm. Cover the lid again and cook until each side is a light brown color.
- Serve while still warm. They are delicious even without toppings, but if you want you can make a strawberry cashew sauce for it beforehand.